To create an immediate payment requirement that can be applied to a listing, immediatePay
must be included and set to 'true' for the payment policy. If the seller does not want to apply an immediate payment requirement for an item, this field is either omitted, or included and set to 'false'. The seller can change the immediate payment requirement at any time during the lifecyle of a listing.
In the Trading API calls that return the AutoPay
equivalent), be aware that the field's appearance in the output does not necessarily indicate that the listing qualifies for immediate payment, but only that the seller attempted to create (by including and setting immediatePay
to 'true' in the payment policy) an immediate payment requirement.
In order for a seller to apply an immediate payment requirement for an item, the following must be true:
- seller must have a Premier or Business PayPal account;
- the Buy It Now price (if applicable) cannot be higher than $10,000 USD;
- the listing site supports PayPal payments;
- the category supports PayPal payments;
- the listing type is fixed-price or auction (with Buy It Now option).
To successfully enable the immediate payment requirement, the seller must also perform the following actions through the API call:
- seller must provide a valid paymentProfile.paymentInfo.paypalEmailAddress value;
- seller must offer PayPal as the only payment method;
- seller must specify all related costs to the buyer, since the buyer will not be able to use the Buyer Request Total feature in an immediate payment listing; these costs include flat-rate shipping costs for each domestic and international shipping service offered, package handling costs, and any shipping surcharges;
- seller must include and set the shippingProfileDiscountInfo container values if promotional shipping discounts will be used;