The eBay Buy APIs (Feed, Browse, Marketing, Offer, Order, and Marketplace Insights) are RESTful APIs that use OAuth authentication, JSON payloads, and eBay HTTP headers. They provide the capabilities you need to create an eBay shopping and buying experience in your app or website. You can use the eBay Buy APIs to:
- Surface eBay items by searching or use feed files (Browse and Feed API)
- Change the contents and quantity of an item in a member's eBay cart (Browse API)
- Add marketing information for these items to promote conversion and up-sell and cross-sell (Marketing API)
- Place bids on auction items for buyers (Offer API)
- Let buyers purchase their items (without you being PCI compliant (Order API)
- Let buyer view the details of their purchase orders (Order API)
- Retrieve the sales history of items sold on eBay item (Marketplace Insights API)
Buyers can be eBay guests (buyer is anonymous) or eBay members (buyer is signed into eBay).
Important! The eBay Buy APIs are available as a public beta release. Accordingly, there may be some limitations and conditions on their use. For more information, refer to API launch stages in the Using eBay RESTful APIs Guide and the Buy APIs Requirements in the Buying Integration Guide.