The eBay Buy APIs (Browse, Deal, Feed, Marketing, Marketplace Insights, Offer, and Order) are RESTful APIs that use OAuth authentication, JSON payloads, and eBay HTTP headers. They provide the capabilities you need to create an eBay shopping and buying experience in your app or website. You can use the eBay Buy APIs to:
- Surface eBay items by searching or using feed files (Browse and Feed API)
- Add marketing information for these items to promote conversion and up-sell and cross-sell (Marketing API)
- Search for eBay deals and events and retrieve deal and event items (Deal API)
- Change the contents and quantity of an item in an eBay member's cart (Browse API)
- Place proxy bids on auction items for buyers (Offer API)
- Let buyers purchase items on your app or site (without the Partner being PCI compliant (Order API))
- Let buyers view the details of their purchase orders and track the delivery of the order (Order API)
- Retrieve the sales history of items sold on eBay (Marketplace Insights API)
Update your inventory with priority tracking payload information (Feed API)
Buyers can be eBay guests (buyer is anonymous) or eBay members (buyer is signed into eBay).
Important! The eBay Buy APIs are available as a public beta release. Accordingly, there may be some limitations and conditions on their use. For more information, refer to API launch stages in the Using eBay RESTful APIs Guide and the Buy APIs Requirements in the Buying Integration Guide.