Handling orders is the phase of selling that includes completing the process of packaging, addressing, handling, and shipping each order, as well as dealing with any issues that arise after each order is shipped, such as cancellations, returns, inquiries, and disputes between seller and buyer.
Completing the fulfillment process
The set of specifications for addressing, handling, and shipping each package is known as a shipping fulfillment. The following topics cover the process of creating and completing shipping fulfillments:
- Order fulfillment introduces the API objects involved in the order fulfillment process, and illustrates the relationships between those objects.
- Discovering unfulfilled orders describes how to determine which of a seller's orders have not been completely fulfilled yet.
- Handling unfulfilled line items helps you to ensure that all of an order's line items are packaged and assigned to a shipping fulfillment.
- Managing fulfillments for an order covers the process of overseeing the completion of all shipping fulfillments, sending the order on its way to the buyer.
- Working with order feeds covers generating and retrieving order reports using the Order Task Feed flow.
Resolving order issues
The eBay Post-Order API is the current tool that you can use to resolve buyer cancellations, returns, inquiries, and disputes. You will find information about these issues and the API at Post-Order API – Usage Guide.