Find the answer to your question
GetSellerEvents is returning variation information. Not only is this not wanted it increases the processing time on our side. How do we prevent the variation information from returning in the results?
By default, GetSellerEvents returns all the variations. This however, bloats the response and incurs extra processing time of the developer's side. Often the variations are not wanted. GetSellerEvents does have an option to suppress the variations from the response. HideVariations will suppress the variations and reduce the response file greatly. In addition the response times will also improve significantly.
While it is false as the default, therefore returning variations, it is our recommendation to use the true setting unless you truly need the variations returned.
How well did this answer your question?
Answers others found helpful
- Best Practices for GetSellerEvents and GetSellerTransactions
- GetSellerEvents sample in C# using eBay SDK for .NET
- GetSellerEvents does not return changes in bids for LiveAuction Items
- GetSellerEvents - How can I tell when the StartPrice has been modified when the field is not even returned in the response?
- Missing name in the variation specifics or variation specifics set