Find the answer to your question
GetSellerEvents returns a time out exception most of the time for some of my users. How can I get around this?
If your calls time out, here are some of the adjustments that you should consider:
- Use only one filter. ModTime filter is preferrable because ModTime for events are indexed and the response time will be much faster.
- Set the ModTimeTo to the current time minus a buffer of 2 minutes and ModTimeFrom to current time minus x hours, where x is no more than 48. If you find that your requests are timing out, then try smaller time ranges. Ideally, the time range should be 30 mins.
- Implement a retry mechanism, where you retry you call for 2 times within a few secs of getting the timeout.
- GetSellerEvents is not paginated. It can return a maximum of 3,000 event items if no DetailLevel is specified or a maximum of 2,000 items if ReturnAll is used. If your time window is big, you may not get all the items in the response.
- If all of the information that you need is returned in the response without using the DetailLevel of ReturnAll, then avoid using it. This will speed up the response time.
Make sure the client timeout is set properly to allow enough time for eBay to complete the operation and return the data. We recommend you to set the client timeout to be > 120 seconds.
Knowledge base: Best Practices for GetSellerEvents and GetSellerTransactions