Just getting started with the Finances API? See the following documents for details on using this API:
- Using eBay RESTful APIs
- Selling Integration Guide
- Finances API overview
Requirements and restrictions
- Finances API Reference
The API release history
The following table lists the releases for the Finances API:
Description of Release
|2019-10-26||Initial API release|
This is the first General Availability (GA) release of the Finances API. This initial GA release builds upon the 1.0.0 alpha version. All new users should use the GA version instead of the alpha version. The alpha version endpoints will still be supported for a limited time, but users that are using the alpha version should make plans to migrate to the GA version. Documentation for the alpha version can now be accessed at this URL: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/finances-v1_alpha/resources/methods.
Below is a summary of changes between alpha version 1.0.0 and GA version 1.0.0:
- New getSellerFundsSummary method that retrieves all pending order funds that have yet to be paid out to seller.
- New payoutStatusDecription field for Payouts, which provides more details about the current status of payout.
INITIATEDadded as a new PayoutStatusEnum value. This value indicates that a payout has been initiated. This new value can be used with the payoutStatus filter in a getPayouts method.
- The payoutInstrument.institution field has been renamed to payoutInstrument.nickname. Although the name was changed, this field still serves the same purpose of indicating to the seller to which account payouts are being distributed.
- New transactions.orderId field, which identifies the order associated with the monetary transaction.
- New transactions.transactionMemo field captures any notes about the monetary transaction.
- getTransactions and getTransactionSummary methods have been updated to return information on monetary transactions involving eBay managed payment disputes. These payment disputes are disputes that are initiated by the buyer through their payment provider. The new
DISPUTEvalue in the TransactionTypeEnum type can be used with the transactionType filter in a getTransactions or getTransactionSummary method to limit transaction type to payment disputes.
For a list of resources and methods, see the Finances API Call Reference.