Find the answer to your question
Question: I am getting error 977 Bidder not eligible to receive Second Chance Offer with the request below. What is happening:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?><AddSecondChanceItemRequest xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents">
Answer: This error indicates that the second chance offer for the item is already been successfully sent out to the recipient, a non-winning bidder.
You can extend the SecondChanceOffer to the same or another non-winning bidder only if the recipient of the original offer does not accept it and purchase the item. Before the original offer is turned down , you are not allowed to send the SecondChanceOffer to the same non-winning bidder more than once.
How well did this answer your question?
Answers others found helpful
- What does the CallMode parameter in GetAllBidders do?
- Error 21977 - Messaging is not allowed for this item
- How to find out if it is a SecondChanceOffer Item in the GetSellerList response
- Does PersonalOffer ListingType is mapped to any Platform Notification event?
- Efficient way to get an uptodate list of Bidders for an Item