Find the answer to your question
Q. When attempt to revise the Item Description on an Auction type item, ReviseItem API returns the Error 10029 -Listing cannot be revised.
A. There are a few restrictions on revising an Auction item's Description. The ReviseItem validation criteria are:
Are there any bids on the listing?
Is the listing ending within 12 hours?
Are there any active Best Offers on the listing ?
If the original listing either has bids or ends within 12 hours, you can only append text to your item description, not replace the original. The sample ReviseItem request for revising an item's description by appending is:
| <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>|
<Description> Revised item description.</Description>
Q. Why I am blocked for revising an item's Title ?
A. You are not allowed to revise an item title if either of the following conditions is met:
- there are bids or the listing is within 12 hours of its end timeon, or if the listing is within 12 hours of its end time for an Auction item,
- there is a sale of a pending Best Offer for a fixed price listing
How well did this answer your question?
Answers others found helpful
- Rules for Revising items
- Error 10026 - Duration cannot be revised
- Revising item price removes the item from a Promotional Sale
- How can i make sure that the price/ quantity revisions on my items are published faster on eBay search results?
- Is it possible to revise the Inventory Tracking menthod of an Item using ReviseFixedPriceItem?