Find the answer to your question
Published: September 16 2010, 6:03:00 PMUpdated: September 10 2022, 12:04:15 AM
Why do I get the following error, when I try to include a secondary category to my multi-variation listing?
<Errors> <ShortMessage>Variations not enabled in category</ShortMessage> <LongMessage>Selected category is not enabled for variation listings</LongMessage> <ErrorCode>21916564</ErrorCode> <SeverityCode>Error</SeverityCode> <ErrorClassification>RequestError</ErrorClassification> </Errors>
It is not permissible to include a secondary category which is not variation enabled to any multi-variation item.
This includes Revising an existing item to add a secondary category which does not support multi-variation listings.
To check to see if a category is Variation Enabled, call GetCategoryFeatures and look for the following tag.
If this returns false, you cannot include this category in your AddFixedPriceItem, RelistItem, or ReviseFixedPriceItem request.
How well did this answer your question?
Answers others found helpful
- Anatomy of a Multi-variations listing request
- ReviseItem: An error "Variations with quantity '0' will be removed" (ErrorCode 21916620) may be encountered when revising multi-variation items.
- Invalid Category Error Message
- Listing flow for items with variations
- GetSellerList not returning variations for my multi-variation items.