Find the answer to your question
What calls should I use to revise price / quantity for items with variations?
Here is an example that will help with understanding what calls need to be made for variations depending on their state:
1. Item listed with variation1, variation2 and variation3
2. variation1 has a sale while variation2 and variation3 do not have any sale
Now let's assume you need to set the quantity to 0 for all of the variations one after another since they get out of stock
|Variation||Requirement||Action||Effect||Action for restocking|
|variation1||Need to set the quantity to 0||When there is a SALE in the variation and using ReviseInventoryStatus to set the quantity to 0||Variation will remain in the listing and will appear as out of stock on the view item page i.e. buyers will not be able to select the variation for purchase||Use ReviseInventoryStatus and set the quantity|
|variation2||Need to set the quantity to 0||When there is NO SALE in the variation and using ReviseInventoryStatus to set the quantity to 0||Variation will be deleted from the listing since it does not have any sale and will not appear on the view item page.||Use ReviseFixedPriceItem and add the variation|
|variation3||Need to set the quantity to 0(all other variations quantity is already 0)||Use EndFixedPriceItem.|
Since variation3 is the only variation with a quantity > 0 at this point, you cannot use ReviseInventoryStatus
|Item will end||Use RelistFixedPriceItem to relist the item with the required variations|
How well did this answer your question?
Answers others found helpful
- Error 2 - Unsupported API call
- Missing name in the variation specifics or variation specifics set
- Revising/Relisting multi-variation items
- ReviseItem: An error "Variations with quantity '0' will be removed" (ErrorCode 21916620) may be encountered when revising multi-variation items.
- How do I edit multi-variation listings to include the new item specific details in the variations?