Find the answer to your question
Question: Can I use the Sell.Feed ActiveInventoryReport instead of the Trading API call GetSellerList?
Answer: Before replacing GetSellerList with ActiveInventoryReport you should note the differences between the data returned by these two calls.
1. The Sell.Feed ActiveInventoryReport is a simple, compact report that returns ItemID, SKU number, quantity and price for the active items in the inventory. These fields are a small subset of the fields returned by GetSellerList. GetSellerList is more comprehensive and returns detailed information about the item, information related to listing, selling status, shipping and return policy.
2. The items returned by Sell.Feed ActiveInventoryReport are active items only. There is no way to download information about inventory in other states (scheduled, ended). GetSellerList can be used to list items that are scheduled or have ended in addition to the active inventory.
You can find the sample details of both API call response in attachment.
How well did this answer your question?
Answers others found helpful
- Using GetSellerList to retreve a seller's items that were not listed in the certain categories in Java SDK
- How does GetSellerList filter Stores Items when using the End-Time filters?
- How can I get a list of my active items?
- Error 2 - Unsupported API call
- GetSellerList returning 10007 - Internal error to the application