Formal eBay support comes from the Developer Technical Support team. You must be a registered eBay developer to interact with Developer Technical Support. Developer Technical Support offers Premium Technical Support, a paid-for service.
Before you can take advantage of Premium Technical Support, you must first activate Developer Account Support. Activating support allows you to interact with the eBay Developer Technical Support team. To activate Developer Account Support:
- Log into your Developer account and go to your Profile & Contacts page.
- From the Primary Contact section, ensure your name, email, phone, and country are filled out. If not, click Edit, complete these fields, and click Save.
- Click Edit.
- Click Activate Support.
- Enable Premium Technical Support.
Enable Premium Technical Support
Before you can request Premium Technical Support:
- You must have either already purchased Premium Support support hours, or
- You need to purchase them via the Purchase Hours tab on the Premium Support site. Specify the number of hours you want.
Once you have purchased support hours, go to the Request Support tab to file a ticket.
Contacting Developer Technical Support
Developer Technical Support is a premium developer service provided by eBay. The goal of the Developer Technical Support team is to make sure that you use the eBay APIs in the best fashion possible. While they cannot write your code for you, they can help you understand the best and most efficient way to use the eBay APIs.
To optimize the time you spend conversing with Developer Technical Support, they require that you prepare the information needed to isolate the issue(s) you've encountered.
At a minimum, prepare the following information before contacting Developer Technical Support:
- The application ID of the application you're troubleshooting
- A list of the eBay API calls you're using
- Your error log(s)
- The HTTP response header values
- Any error messages returned by eBay
Create a support request
To create a support request, go to the Request Support tab of the Premium Support page and complete a ticket.
Tip: When you encounter problems with a request, it's important that you save the HTTP response header values to help the support team find the details of the specific call with which you are having trouble.