The Commerce APIs let you determine appropriate eBay categories for offering, promoting, browsing or searching for items. The Commerce APIs currently consist of the following APIs:
- Taxonomy API: Discover appropriate categories to filter listings retrieved by the Buy APIs, or determine the best category in which to offer an item for sale and determine what categories to include in campaigns or promotions with the Sell APIs
- Catalog API: Search the eBay catalog for products on which to base a seller's item listing, retrieve a product record by its eBay product identifier (ePID), or submit a request to create or update a catalog product.
Using Commerce API documentation
Commerce API documentation consists of:
- Using eBay RESTful APIs, a general overview of how REST and OAuth authentication works
- Three documents each for the Taxonomy API and the Catalog API:
- API Overview
- API Reference
- Release Notes
- The Buying Integration Guide, which explain how to use the Buy APIs in your application. It also includes how to use Commerce APIs in buying applications.
- The Selling Integration Guide, which explains how to use the Sell APIs in your application. It also includes how to use Commerce APIs in selling applications.
The API references have links in the left navigation menu for downloading their OpenAPI specs. For both OpenAPI 2 and OpenAPI 3, there's one in JSON format and one in YAML format.