The Marketing API is part of the eBay Buy APIs. It retrieves eBay products based on a metric, such as Best Selling. This API helps shoppers compare products and motivate them to purchase items. You can the other Buy APIs to create a buying application that lets users, eBay members or guests, buy from eBay sellers without visiting the eBay site. The Buy APIs provide a unique opportunity to bring off-eBay purchases to your site.
This API uses the following resources:
- merchandised_product - retrieves eBay products for a specific metric, such as Best Selling and 'also viewed' and 'also bought' products.
When used with the other Buy APIs, the Marketing API lets your shoppers browse by product and gives you the ability to expose products.
- To motivate customers to buy by showing them the best selling products.
- To create awareness about different products/items, to help buyers compare and research products/items, and to select a product with confidence.
- Provides the ability to show collections of products or items based on product demand factors; reviews; context; or where the buyer is in the purchasing process.
- Provides the ability to build landing page modules with these collections.
Please note the following constraints for the Marketing API.
Note: In addition to the Marketing API restrictions below, there are also requirements for using the Buy APIs. For more information, see Buy APIs Requirements.
The Marketing API is currently supported for the following eBay sites.
- EBAY-AU - Australia (ebay.com/au)
- EBAY-ES - Spain (ebay.es)
- EBAY-DE - Germany (ebay.de)
- EBAY-FR - France (ebay.fr)
- EBAY-IT - Italy (ebay.it)
- EBAY-UK - Great Britain (ebay.co.uk)
- EBAY-US - USA (ebay.com)
eBay policies and rules
Although the eBay Buy APIs are available for anyone to use in eBay's sandbox environment, use of the APIs in production is restricted. Users must meet standard eligibility requirements, get approvals from eBay support organizations, and sign contracts with eBay and PayPal to access the Buy APIs in production.
See Buy APIs Requirements in the Buying Integration Guide for more information.