GetSimilarItemsRequest ( BaseMerchandisingServiceRequest )
Retrieves recommended similar items for a specified item. Items are considered similar if they can serve as a replacement for the specified item. Similar items from a catalog are associated with the same product. For items not associated with a product, similarity with other items is determined from keywords in the title and attribute value matches. This call can be used to recommend items to buyers who have lost items they were bidding on, or to recommend items as alternatives for watched items that have ended.
The recommended similar items returned can be restricted by category, maximum price, or end time for the listing.
The request must include itemId.
Note: Due to an eBay platform change in January 2015, the country code IN (India) is no longer supported for this call.
Call that uses GetSimilarItemsRequest:
Due to an eBay platform change in January 2015, this field is no longer supported.
- Advertisement to solicit inquiries on listings such as real estate. Permits no bidding on that item, service, or property. To express interest, a buyer fills out a contact form that eBay forwards to the seller as a lead. This format does not enable buyers and sellers to transact online through eBay, and eBay Feedback is not available for ad format listings.
- Single-quantity online auction format. A Chinese auction has a Quantity of 1. Buyers engage in competitive bidding, although Buy It Now may be offered as long as no bids have been placed. Online auctions are listed on eBay.com, and they are also listed in the seller's eBay Store if the seller is a Store owner.
- Multiple-quantity online auction format. A Dutch auction has a Quantity greater than 1. Buyers engage in competitive bidding. Some sites also offer Buy It Now for Dutch auctions. Online auctions are listed on eBay.com, and they are also listed in the seller's eBay Store if the seller is a Store owner.
- A basic fixed-price item format. Bids do not occur. The quantity of items is one or more. Also known as Buy It Now Only on some sites (not to be confused with the BuyItNow option that is available for Chinese auctions). Fixed-price listings are listed on eBay.com, and they are listed in the seller's eBay Store if the seller is a Store owner.
- Lead Generation format (advertisement-style listing to solicit inquiries or offers, no bidding or fixed price, listed on eBay).
- A fixed-price format for eBay Store sellers. Store Inventory listings appear after other listings in regular browse and search item lists on eBay. They have a lower Insertion Fee and longer listing durations. Only available to sellers who have an eBay Store. Store Inventory listings are listed on eBay.com, and they are also listed in the seller's eBay Store.