Find the answer to your question
Some of the common exceptions that you might encounter while working with the .NET samples for LMS in our knowledgebase -
1. An exception occured: System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Authentication failed via token authn method
: Token does not match
- Make sure that the token you are using is valid and correct. Also ensure that the token you are using matchses the enviroment, i.e. use a Sandbox token when making calls against the Sandbox environment and a Production token when making calls against the Production environment.
2. An exception occured: System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: Could not connect to http://webservices.ebay.com/BulkDataExchangeService. TCP error code 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 18.104.22.168:80.
- Bulk Data Exchange API requests and File Transfer API requests must be sent to either the eBay Sandbox or Production API Gateway. These authenticated services uses secure endpoints. Check your app.config file and verify that the endpoint address is an https address. The endpoints for the services are as follows:
Bulk Data Exchange Service
Sandbox Gateway URL (endpoint): https://webservices.sandbox.ebay.com/BulkDataExchangeService
Production Gateway URL (endpoint): https://webservices.ebay.com/BulkDataExchangeService
File Transfer Service
Sandbox Gateway URL (endpoint): https://storage.sandbox.ebay.com/FileTransferService
Production Gateway URL (endpoint): https://storage.ebay.com/FileTransferService
3. An exception occured: System.ArgumentException: The provided URI scheme 'http' is invalid; expected 'https'. Parameter name: via
- Check your app.config file to verify that the endpoint address is correct. Also ensure that the tag underneath the custom binding definition is <httpsTransport> instead of <httpTransport>.
Bulk Data Exchange Service endpoints
File Transfer Service endpoints