About inventory feeds
This topic describes inventory feeds, the requirements to use them, and explains how to create an inventory feed file. It contains the following sections:
An inventory feed is a CSV or XML file that you upload to MIP. You can use this optional feed to update the prices and available quantity of products listed on the eBay site.
You use inventory feeds to update information about the sales channels, prices, total quantity of available items and the quantity available on each sales channel.
Inventory feeds are optional. This is an easier way to update information that changes often, rather than upload a product feed.
- Inventory feeds must contain :
- All of the elements listed as required in the Inventory feed definitions table, and may include some or all of the optional or conditional elements.
- Sales channels, prices, total quantity of available items, and the quantity available on each sales channel
- You can upload inventory feeds multiple times per hour.
- You can upload up to 10 feeds at one time, but the feeds will be processed one at a time, in the order they are queued on the server.
Don’t use inventory feeds to add or update SKUs that haven’t previously been uploaded in a product feed. Doing so can lead to a build-up of error messages in the log files, which can slow processing time.
To create an inventory feed file:
- Open the following link: https://www.mip.ebay.com/settings/feedschema
- Open the inventory feed sample file and edit it with the inventory information for your SKUs. As needed, see the field definitions in Inventory feed definitions.
- Save the file with an appropriate name in your folder.
- Upload the inventory feed file to eBay.