About combined feeds
This topic describes product feeds, the requirements to use them, and how to create a product feed file. It contains the following sections:
A combined feed is a CSV or XML file that you upload to MIP. It contains a set of required information about your products that will be listed on eBay. It can also contain optional information that can be used to provide extra information to the listing.
You can upload combined feeds multiple times an hour, but only one feed can be processed at a time. Each feed is processed as queued on the server.
You can use a combined feed to upload new product information to MIP and to change information about products already listed on the site.
Combined feeds must:
- Contain all of the elements listed as required in the Product feed definitions table, Availability feed definitions table, and Distribution feed definitions table.
- Identify each product or product variant with a unique
- Define items as a individual products, product group, or as a variant (such as color or size) within a product variation group. The product variant group must be in the feed file before the variants, and all variants of a product should be grouped together.
- Ensure that all manufactured products have a product identifier such as
UPC, EAN,or ISBN. If you list product variations, add product identifiers at the SKU level.
- Include at least one image file (photo) for each
- Contain quantity available for Ship To Home
- For local fulfillment options, the feed must contain the quantity available at specific locations
- Contain sales channel information, like which eBay sites to list the item
- Contain the item price, including strike-through price and minimum advertised price options, plus tax if applicable
- Include special features, such as eBay Now, In Store Pickup, and On eBay or Off eBay listings
- Include references to payment, shipping, and return business policies, plus shipping policy overrides if needed
If you are selling on multiple eBay sites, a location feed is required so that the availability feed can reference the needed location IDs When using both feeds, upload the location feed before the availability feed.
Important! When you change an image, store the new image in a new location and provide the new URL to MIP. Once MIP has uploaded an image from a specific URL, it cannot detect that the image at that URL has changed.
Note: When using the Product and Product Combined feeds, sellers can specify 30 attribute name/value pairs for all categories. The last five attributes allow users to provide data related to CA Prop 65 mandate. Prop 65 requires sellers to provide warnings about items they sell to Californians about significant exposures to chemicals that cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
The new fields are conditional and seller may choose to provide no additional information.
- Open the following link: https://www.mip.ebay.com/settings/feedschema
- Open the combined feed sample file and edit it as needed to contain information about your products. See the field definitions in Product feed definitionsAvailability feed definitions, and Distribution feed definitions.
- Save the file with an appropriate name in your folder.
- Upload the product feed file to eBay.