For a quick reference of the types of applications and functionality associated with eBay APIs, see API by feature.
- Simplifies the development process by abstracting the eBay API and by supplying 'out-of-the-box' functionality for features and processes that you would otherwise have to build
- Cuts time to market by providing common API modules in an easy-to-use format
- Provides a robust, efficient, and standard integration layer
- Supports the latest features through regularly scheduled updates by eBay
- Can be used in conjunction with an existing eBay API application to enhance functionality, e.g., adding payment processing or inventory management support