Each of the Bulk Data Exchange job types corresponds to a Merchant Data request or response with the same name. The requests or responses are included within a data file that will be uploaded or downloaded after the job is created. For instance, if you create an AddFixedPriceItem
job, then the file you are going to upload must contain AddFixedPriceItem
requests - one request for each item in your data file.
Each Bulk Data Exchange job can only have one job type per job. For example, if you are uploading a data file, it can not have both AddFixedPriceItem
requests and ReviseFixedPriceItem
requests within the same data file.
The following value definitions describe the request or response associated with each job type.
For more information about creating and uploading Merchant Data files, see the Large Merchant Services User Guide.
- Applicable values:
- Download job for a report that contains all of the active listings for a specific seller ID. The eBay servers read the credential information passed in by the seller's application to determine which seller's data to retrieve.
- Upload job for requests to add fixed-price items and lists it on a specified eBay site.
- Upload job for requests to Defines a single new item and lists it on a specified eBay site.
- Upload job for requests to end specified fixed-price item listings before the date and time at which they would normally end (per the listing duration).
- Upload job for requests to end specified item listings before the date and time at which they would normally end (per the listing duration).
- Download job for a report that contains all of the fees the seller has incurred as invoices are generated by the eBay servers. This report gives large merchants the ability to look at their fees for many listings in one file.
- Upload job for requests that acknowledge orders have been received. Use the OrderAck request to acknowledge each line item in a SoldReport by order ID or line item ID.
After you send the first OrderAck call, future SoldReports will only contain unacknowledged orders or line items.
- Upload job for requests to re-list fixed-price (single or multi-item) listings that ended without buyers. A listing may be re-listed with the same item properties as the original or the seller may change a number of the item's defining properties at re- listing time. The new listing will have a different item ID than the original one.
- Upload job for requests to re-list listings that ended without winning bidders or buyers. Enables a seller to take a single item (or a single multi-item listing) and re-list it on a specified eBay site.
- Upload job for requests to change the properties of a currently active listing.
If the listing contains multiple items, you can revise most of the fields in the listing (except Title, currency, product ID, photo display type, variation details, duration, format, or eBay Giving Works charity), even after one of the items in the listing has been purchased. To revise multiple listings, include a ReviseFixedPriceItemRequest once for each item or listing in your data file, with new information for each item or listing.
- Upload job for requests to change the price and quantity of a currently active fixed-price listing. Inputs are the item IDs or SKUs of the listings being revised, and price and quantity that are being changed for each revision.
You can use SKU as input only for fixed-price listings that are managed by SKU (i.e., InventoryTrackingMethod is set to SKU). ItemID can be used in either case.
- Upload job for requests to change the properties of active listings.
- Upload job for requests to specify the shipment tracking information associated with one package of an order.
- Download job for a report that lists all items that have been sold by this seller (sold items that were submitted to the Large Merchant Service by the seller's application).
When an item is sold, the eBay application creates an 'order' for the seller. If only one item is sold, there is one order ID and one line item ID associated with the sale. However, if multiple items are sold as part of the same transaction, there is one order ID for the sale, and multiple line item IDs - one line item ID for each item sold.
Therefore, the Sold Report returns the order IDs and line item IDs for every order associated with the seller who is making the request. Sellers use this information to make inventory updates and start order fulfillment.
When orders have been fulfilled, the seller will probably want to remove them from the list of all orders that comes back every time they receive a SoldReport. To do this, they can acknowledge each order that has been fulfulled (using order ID or line item ID) by uploading a list of the fulfulled order information using an OrderAck request.
After you upload a data file with an OrderAck request, the orders (or line items within an order) will no longer appear in the SoldReport. (After you send the first OrderAck call, future SoldReports that you request will only contain unacknowledged orders and line items.)
- Upload job for requests to upload pictures to EPS (eBay Picture Services). Each request contains a URL in the ExternalPictureURL field (the location of the picture on an external web server). Unlike what the call name implies, you can only upload one picture per request.
- Upload job for requests to test the definition of new fixed-price items by submitting them to eBay without creating a listing.
- Upload job for requests to test the definition of new items and submit the definition to eBay without creating a listing.
Recurring jobs can be established for download job types only. For getRecurringJobExecutionHistory
, only the following values apply: