About the eBay Developers Program
The eBay platform offers an unprecedented opportunity to build a new eBay business or expand your current business, reach new customers, and create a potential new stream of revenue. Leverage the resources of the eBay Developers Program to tap into eBay's marketplace of over 200 million users with tools and services that meet the diverse needs of buyers and sellers on eBay.
The opportunity for developers
The eBay Developers Program was founded in 2000 and third party software applications already accounts for over 25% of eBay.com listings. eBay developers can use program resources to build and offer any of the following tools or services:
- Selling and buying – manage listing, bidding, checkout and shipping tasks
- Searching – customized interfaces for searching the eBay marketplace
- Affiliate – tools to drive buyers to eBay
- Customer service functionality – feedback, customer communications
- Merchandising - content and listing design
- Wireless – mobile applications for searching and re-bidding on eBay
- Interactive television – delivering the eBay experience to the set-top box
eBay Developers Program membership is free, and you can use virtually any programming language to interface with eBay Web Services. We provide XML- and SOAP-based APIs as well as Software Development Kits (SDKs) for Windows and Java. Program in C#, Java, Perl, PHP, Visual Basic or another language, and tap into the comprehensive technical documentation and extensive sample code.