The eBay Buy APIs let you create applications that allow buyers to search through eBay listings and make purchases. They comprise the following sets of APIs:
- Marketing API - Provides an interface that lets you return products based on category and metric.
- Browse API - Provides interfaces that let your shoppers search and retrieve eBay listings, in various ways. It also provides multiple filters, which lets you display customized item sets for buyers.
- Feed API - Provides an interface that lets you return or download a file with item details for thousands of items listed in a given eBay category and site.
- Order API - Provides interfaces that lets you open a checkout session, update various aspects of an order, place the finalized purchase order, initiate the payment process, and retrieve the details of the purchase order. This API supports both eBay member and guest checkouts.
You can also use the Taxonomy API (a Commerce API) to discover and use appropriate categories to filter the items and products being retrieved by the Buy APIs.
Buy API documentation
The following sets of documentation are provided to get you up and running with the Buy APIs:
- Using eBay REST
- Buying Integration Guide
- Marketing API documentation
- Browse API documentation
- Feed API documentation