The eBay Motors US site is a specialty eBay site on which vehicles and related items can be offered for sale. In the context of the eBay Motors US site, vehicles include cars, trucks, motorcycles, fire engines, tractors, boats, and even helicopters. In addition to vehicles, sellers can list vehicle parts and vehicle-centric memorabilia on the eBay Motors US site.
The eBay Motors CA site follows many of the same rules and supports many of the same features as the eBay Motors US site.
Only the US maintains a separate site for vehicle listings, with its own site ID. That is, there are no special eBay vehicle sites for other countries. Instead, other eBay sites treat vehicles like any other category.
The majority of this chapter covers information that is specific to eBay Motors US and CA, unless otherwise specified.
This section covers these topics:
Listing US and CA eBay Motors Items
Searching for eBay Motors US Listings
Working with eBay Motors Germany Listings
Working with eBay Motors Australia Listings
Listing US and CA eBay Motors Items
Certain rules for listing items to or retrieving items from the eBay Motors US site are different from the rules for listing to the main eBay US site.
To list a vehicle on the US eBay Motors site, make sure you specify a site ID of 100 (not 0). Then specify the following fields:
In addition, the following sections may be of interest:
Specifying Categories for eBay Motors Listings
eBay Motors has a distinct category hierarchy in which items are listed, and categories and their IDs are not the same as on any other eBay site. When you retrieve the eBay Motors category hierarchy and related category data using GetCategories, GetCategoryFeatures, and GetCategorySpecifics,you need to specify the eBay Motors site instead of the main eBay site. To do this, specify a value of 100 in the X-EBAY-API-SITEID header (for the XML API) or in the request URL (for the SOAP API) (see Routing the Request) and set CategorySiteID to "100".
Similarly, when you list an eBay Motors US item using a call like AddItem, you need to specify the eBay Motors site instead of the main eBay site. To do this, pass a site ID of 100 as described above, and set Item.Site to
Listing eBay Motors Items in Two Categories
The rules for listing in one or two categories depends on the category:
- In the US, vehicles can only be listed on eBay Motors and only in one category (not in two categories). You can't list eBay Motors US vehicles on international sites or the main US site. If you want to list cars, motorcycles, boats, or other vehicles on an international eBay site, list them in the regular automotive or vehicle categories for those sites. For a list of categories that support vehicles on an international site, use GetCategories or look at the list of categories posted on the
appropriate Web site. Use GetFeatures to determine whether an international site's automotive
categories also support custom Item Specifics. Use GetCategorySpecifics to retrieve
recommendations for custom Item Specifics.
- On the eBay Motors US site, Parts & Accessories can be listed in two categories.
Furthermore, to make it easier for buyers to find Parts & Accessories, you can combine a Motors Parts & Accessories category and an eligible eBay category as the primary or secondary category, as long as the primary category is associated with the listing site. (Most eBay categories except Real Estate, Mature Audience, and Business & Industrial categories are eligible to be combined with Motors Parts & Accessories categories.)
For example, if you are listing a Harley Davidson shirt on the main eBay US site (site ID 0), you can specify an eBay clothing category as the primary category, and specify a Motors Parts & Accessories category as the secondary category. We'll look for the secondary category ID on eBay first. If we don't find it there, we'll look for the ID on the Motors site. (Leaf category IDs are unique across the US and eBay Motors US sites.)
Conversely, if you are listing the shirt on the eBay Motors US site (site ID 100), you can specify a Parts & Accessories category as the primary category, and specify an eBay clothing category as the secondary category. In this case, we'll look for the secondary category ID on the Motors site first. If we don't find it there, we'll look for the ID on the main eBay site.
Specifying a Listing Format for eBay Motors Listings
eBay Motors items within the Parts & Accessories and the Everything Else categories can be listed in Auction or Basic Fixed-Price formats.
When you list nationally, eBay Motors items within vehicle categories can be listed in an auction-style formats, but cannot be listed in the Fixed Price format.
See Local Market Listings for listing format rules when you list vehicles as Local Market listings.
eBay Motors and eBay Stores
Items that an eBay Stores seller lists to the eBay Motors US site also appear in the seller's eBay Store. As with any listing, Stores sellers can define custom store categories for their eBay Motors listings.
See Opening and Managing an eBay Store.
Shipping Details for eBay Motors
For eBay Motors listings, shipping details depend on the category:
- For Parts & Accessories and the Everything Else categories, all of the normal shipping option codes are available. If you use GeteBayDetails to retrieve shipping details for Parts & Accessories for the US, use site ID 0 (not site ID 100).
- For vehicles, use Item.ShippingTermsInDescription, and explain the seller's shipping arrangements and return policy in the Item.Description field and the Item.ShippingDetails.PaymentInstructions field.
- To indicate that the buyer is responsible for obtaining and transporting the car, motorcycle, or part, use Item.BuyerResponsibleForShipping. In this case, if you list a vehicle on the eBay Motors US site and you want your listing to be visible on the eBay Canada site, set Item.ShipToLocations to
CA. Similarly, If you list a vehicle on the eBay Canada site and you want your listing to be visible on the eBay Motors US site, set Item.ShipToLocations to
US. Otherwise, do not specify
Item.ShipToLocations when the buyer is responsible for shipping.
Local Market Listings
eBay Motors Local Market listings are a type of classified ad vehicle listing on the eBay Motors US site (not
eBayClassifieds.com). Only licensed vehicle dealers with a Local Market subscription can create these listings. The Local Market is defined as the area within a seller-specified radius about a specified postal code. Buyers can retrieve Local Market vehicle listings in searches only when they supply a postal code.
The following vehicle categories can be listed:
- Cars & Trucks (all brands)
- Motorcycles (all brands)
- Powersports (all subcategories)
- Other Vehicles & Trailers (all subcategories including RVs & Campers)
Note: Local Market listings are supported for these vehicle categories on the eBay Motors US site only, and for US postal codes only.
You can enable the Best Offer feature on a Local Market listing. However, options to list as "Fixed Price," "Buy It Now," or "Buy It Now + Best Offer" are no longer available. If you have existing Local Market listings that use these types, they will remain on the site and you can revise them until they expire.
Adding Local Market Listings
- Use the Trading API's AddItem, AddItems, AddSellingManagerTemplate, RelistItem, ReviseItem, ReviseSellingManagerTemplate, or VerifyRelistItem call.
- Set Item.ListingType to
Note: Any other value will produce a national listing.
- Set Item.ListingSubtype2 to
Note: This is the enforced default for the eBay Motors (100) site (the
LocalMarketBestOfferOnly value is disabled). Even if you set ListingSubtype2 to
LocalMarketBestOfferOnly, eBay will reset it to
- Local Market listings support a listing duration of
- To enable the Best Offer feature for this listing, set Item.BestOfferDetails.BestOfferEnabled to
true in the API request, and specify a value for Item.StartPrice, which will be displayed as the "Advertised Price" to buyers. For details about working with Best Offer listings, see Enabling Best Offer.
Note: The GetCategoryFeatures call does not return listing duration information for Local Market Listings.
Required Location and Contact Information
You must include the following information in your local market listing:
- Set Item.ListingDetails.LocalListingDistance to a supported local radius (in miles) that will define the local market for this listing. Use FeatureID.LocalListingDistances with the GetCategoryFeatures call to retrieve a list of valid values for local listing distance by category.
- Use the Item.PostalCode field to specify the location of the vehicle for search purposes. Only buyers within the specified radius of this postal code will see the listing.
- Specify the geographical location of the item to be displayed on eBay listing pages. You can do this in one of the following ways, by priority:
1. Item.SellerContactDetails.Street and Item.SellerContactDetails.Street2 are used if you supply values for them.
2. Item.Location is used if Street and Street2 are empty.
3. Item.PostalCode is used to derive a location for the item, if you don't specify a value for Location and if eBay can determine a location that corresponds to the postal code.
- Use the Item.ExtendedSellerContactDetails container to specify the seller's contact information.
Note: Only Callbright telephone numbers are permitted in Local Market listings. Email addresses or links are not permitted in the listing. You may provide links through the "Ask Seller a Question" form.
Other Local Market Listing Requirements
Your listing must comply with these requirements:
- One picture is required for Local Market listings.
- Use of video or Flash content must conform to eBay listing requirements.
- Use of URL imprints or watermarks on pictures is prohibited.
- Use of external lead forms is prohibited. All lead information must be acquired using the eBay lead form.
- The following fields are invalid for local market listings:
If a LocalListingDistance value is specified and any of the values for these fields is not null, a warning is returned.
Revising and Relisting Local Market Listings
Note the following call-specific differences when revising or relisting a Local Market listing:
- ReviseItem cannot be used to change a non-local listing to a local listing, and vice versa.
- ReviseItem can be used to change the value for Item.LocalListingDistance to one of the valid values supported by the given category.
- RelistItem can be used to relist a non-local listing as a local listing, by specifying a valid local listing distance with Item.LocalListingDistance.
- RelistItem can be used to relist a local listing as a non-local listing by using DeletedField to delete Item.ListingDetails.LocalListingDistance.
Relisting local vehicle listings is subject to the current restrictions for relisting items in eBay Motors, unless otherwise specified.
Best Offer Only
Best Offer Only listings are created using the Lead Generation format. This special format picks up all of the current functionality of a listing for which Best Offer has been enabled.
For example, GetBestOffers and RespondToBestOffer handle a Best Offer Only local market listing the same as the other listings that support best offers.
Additionally, GetMyeBayBuying handles a Best Offer Only local market listing the same as the other listings that support Best Offers. Local market listing items will be returned in BestOfferList of the GetMyeBayBuying response, and included in the BuyingSummary.BestOfferCount value. Likewise, GetMyeBaySelling handles a Best Offer Only local market listing the same as the other listings that support Best Offers and returns the listing in relevant lists: ScheduledList, ActiveList, SoldList, or UnsoldList.
Sellers cannot end a Best Offer Only local vehicle listing early if there are active Best Offers.
Retrieving Lead Information
When a buyer is interested in a Classified Ad vehicle listing in eBay Motors or Motors categories, he can leave information for the seller via the Ask Seller a Question or eBay lead form on the View Item page. This lead information includes data like name, email address, telephone, best time to contact, trade-in information, interest in financing, and the buyer's time frame for purchasing.
The seller can use the GetAdFormatLeads request to retrieve lead data for his listings.
Specifying the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
For the US eBay Motors site, a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is required for vehicles from model year 1981 or later. This VIN appears as VIN Number in the Item Specifics section of the View Item page.
Specify this data in Item.VIN (or Item.VRM for the UK site) instead of in item specifics.
For rules that are specific to Australia eBay Motors, see Specifying the VIN and Registration Date for eBay Australia.
eBay uses the VIN (or VRM) to create a link to the vehicle's Vehicle History Report.
In GetItem, the vehicle history report is returned in Item.VINLink (or Item.VRMLink for the UK site). In the Shopping API, GetSingleItem and GetMultipleItems return the report in VhrURL. If no vehicle history report is available, eBay may replace the Vehicle History Report link on the eBay Web site with a plain-text copy of the VIN.
Using Item Specifics in eBay Motors US Listings
On the eBay Motors US site, you use a combination of vehicle-specific fields and custom Item Specifics to fill in vehicle details like Mileage and Exterior Color.
The eBay Motors US Web site UI supports two listing flows:
- You can list the standard way by filling in Item Specifics yourself. The API supports this flow.
- (Not supported in the API) On the Web site, you can list by using a VIN to include product details.We refer to this as the "VIN catalog" flow. The API does not support this flow (although you are required to pass inVIN in an AddItem request, for modern vehicles.)
If you are using the XML API or the SOAP API, the next sections describe the basic process you use to list vehicles to eBay Motors US.
Using GetCategories to Retrieve eBay Motors Categories
First, use GetCategories to retrieve all the available eBay Motors categories. Be sure to specify the eBay Motors US site instead of the main eBay site. To do this, specify a value of 100 in the X-EBAY-API-SITEID header (for the XML API) or in the request URL (for the SOAP API). (See Routing the Request.)
The following example shows a typical GetCategories request, using the XML API.
Example: GetCategories Request (XML API)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
As usual for this call, store the response locally. In most cases, eBay Motors categories are associated with specific makes and models, like "Pontiac : Trans Am". You will use a category ID to identify the make and model in Item.PrimaryCategory.CategoryID when you list the item.
The following example shows the Pontiac category and the Trans Am category in the GetCategories response for the eBay Motors US site.
- Category 6377 (Pontiac) specifies the make.
- Category 6427 (Trans Am) specifies the model, and it also specifies that its parent ID is 6377 (Pontiac), so we know the make.
GetCategories doesn't specifically indicate "make" or "model", but for vehicles the leaf category is the model. (The example also shows that 6377's parent is 6001, which is Cars & Trucks, so we know this is a vehicle category.).
Example: Categories in the GetCategories Response (XML API)
Using GetCategoryFeatures and GetCategorySpecifics to Retrieve Item Specifics
Details about motorcycles are different from details about Cars & Trucks . A motorcycle would have details like "Engine Size (cc)", and truck would have details like "Cab type". In the API, these details are called Item Specifics.
To determine whether a vehicle category supports custom Item Specifics, call GetCategoryFeatures and look for ItemSpecificsEnabled in the response, for the specified category. If the category supports custom Item Specifics, call GetCategorySpecifics to retrieve the recommendations and any related rules. See Working with Custom Item Specifics.
Specifying the Vehicle Manufacturer and Model
When you submit a Cars & Trucks listing to the eBay Motors US site, we strongly recommend that you avoid specifying the Manufacturer and Model item specifics in most cases. In most cases, this information will be pre-filled based on the category you select.
- If you specify a primary or secondary category that represents a distinct manufacturer and model, eBay automatically populates the correct Manufacturer and Model item specifics. For example, if the category is 6015 (Porsche > Boxster), the Manufacturer is automatically set to "Porsche" and the Model to "Boxster."
Therefore, do not specify the Manufacturer and Model item specifics when you specify a category that is associated with a distinct manufacturer and model. If you do, you may receive an error if these item specifics do not correctly match the category. For example, if the category ID is 6015, then the Manufacturer must be "Porsche" and the Model must be "Boxster". In this case, if you specify that the Model is "912", you will receive an error.
- If your vehicle is not represented by a distinct eBay Motors category, you may specify a generic ID (e.g., 6058 for Porsche > Other Models) in the appropriate category property and specify the Model item specific. The value of your Model item specific will be appended to the title of your listing.
Use caution when including the Manufacturer and Model item specifics with generic categories. If you specify a generic ID in the category property (e.g., 6058 for Porsche > Other Models) but you include Manufacturer and/or Model item specifics that match a category with a predefined distinct model, eBay will list the vehicle in a more generic category (e.g., All Models) rather than the distinct category implies by the item specifics you specified. In this case, buyers might not find the listing where the seller intended to place it.
- You can use the Submodel item specific to append more details about the model (up to 12 characters). eBay adds a space and appends the text to the "Manufacturer : Model" value in the listing title at the top of the View Item page, in the Item Specifics section of the page, and in search results. (eBay does not actually store the submodel text as part of the title, so Item.Title does not include the text in GetItem.)
- If you are listing in a Motorcycles category, eBay handles the Manufacturer and Model item specifics for Motorcycle categories so that they are similar to the Cars & Trucks category format. For example, instead of returning Manufacturer="BMW : F-Series" and Model="F-Series", GetItem will return Manufacturer="BMW" and Model="F-Series".
As with Cars & Trucks, you should not specify Manufacturer and Model item specifics when a motorcycle is represented by a distinct eBay Motors category (i.e., a category other than "All Models" or "Other"). eBay pre-fills these item specifics based on the parent and leaf category.
If the seller specifies a Model item specific for a motorcycle in a distinct category, eBay may replace the value and pre-fill the Model item specific based on the leaf category (e.g., F-series). If this occurs, eBay may move the Model value the seller specified into the Submodel item specific so that no data will be lost.
This means the item specific that are returned in GetItem may be different from the corresponding item specific you specify in AddItem and related calls.
Specifying a Subtitle for a Motors Vehicle Listing
On the eBay Motors site, the listing title is filled in automatically by eBay for certain vehicle categories (e.g., Cars & Trucks).
Use the Item.SellerProvidedTitle field to specify a seller's personalized title that will appear on the View Item page and that can be used to differentiate the item in search results. Choose keywords that help distinguish your vehicle in search results, such as color, condition, body style, and unique options.
For Cars & Trucks, the SellerProvidedTitle is a required field.
The subtitle appears in the Item Specifics section of a listing.
Payment Methods for Motors
Payment methods for items are defined by using Item.PaymentMethods, as you do with other listings. This code list includes several methods that can be used for items on the eBay Motors US site. There are specialized payment provisions and methods for selling vehicles on the eBay Motors US site (except in the Parts and Accessories category) and on the eBay Canada site for motors.
When you list a vehicle, at least one full payment method that applies to vehicle listings is required. Specifically, one or more of the following payment methods must be used: MOCC, PersonalCheck, LoanCheck, CashInPerson, and/or PaymentSeeDescription. The LoanCheck and CashInPerson payment methods are specific to vehicle listings. Buyers cannot make full payments by credit card or PayPal.
Note: If a vehicle listing offers PayPal or a credit card, then the listing must also specify deposit (because PayPal and credit cards cannot be used for full payments). See Specifying a Vehicle Deposit and Deposit Amount.
DaysToFullPayment can be used to specify the number of days after the auction closes that the buyer can take to pay for the item. The choices are 3, 7, 10, and 14, and the default is 7.
On the eBay Motors US site, a deposit can be specified. (The eBay Motors Canada site doesn't support deposits). If you specify a deposit, you can also use HoursToDeposit to specify the number of hours after an auction closes that the buyer can put down a deposit on the item. See Specifying a Vehicle Deposit and Deposit Amount.
Specifying a Vehicle Deposit and Deposit Amount
When you require a vehicle deposit, the completed listing displays an option (such as a Pay button) to enable the buyer to pay the deposit online.
Use the Item.PaymentDetails.DepositAmount field to specify the amount of a vehicle deposit (a non-zero value up to $2000.00) . Vehicle deposits must be paid for through PayPal.
If requiring a deposit on a vehicle, the seller must:
- Use HoursToDeposit to specify the number of hours after an auction closes that the buyer can pay the deposit on the vehicle. The choices are 24, 48, and 72, and the default is 48.
- Use DaysToFullPayment to specify the number of days after an auction closes that the buyer has to pay off the remaining balance on the vehicle. The choices are 3, 7, 10, and 14, and the default is 7.
- Specify PayPal (in Item.PaymentMethods) as one of the payment methods. It will be used for the deposit. (PayPal enables buyers to pay via credit card, but you cannot directly specify particular credit cards like AmEx for the deposit.)
|Note: Unlike other listings, PayPal is not automatically added to Motors vehicle listings even if the seller has a PayPal preference set. Also, the seller must have a linked PayPal account.
- Pass the seller's registered PayPal email address in PayPalEmailAddress (as usual).
- Include one or more of the following payment methods for the balance:
Also see Requiring Immediate Payment of a Vehicle Deposit.
When revising a vehicle listing, additional validation rules apply:
- If the listing has no bids:
- The seller can add a deposit or lower an existing deposit amount.
- If the seller requires Immediate Payment, the seller cannot increase the deposit amount.
- If Immediate Payment is not required, the seller can increase the deposit.
- The seller can remove the Immediate Payment option, if any.
- If the listing has bids:
- The seller can lower the deposit amount (if any).
- The seller cannot increase the deposit amount or add a deposit.
- The seller cannot remove the Immediate Payment option (if any).
Requiring Immediate Payment of a Vehicle Deposit
When listing a vehicle on the eBay Motors US site, a seller who is eligible to offer Immediate Payment can choose to require Immediate Payment of the vehicle deposit for eligible listings.
If the seller chooses to require Immediate Payment of the deposit, follow all the same rules that are described in Specifying a Vehicle Deposit and Deposit Amount, and also set AutoPay to true (to indicate that Immediate Payment is required).
Vehicle Purchase Protection
eBay offers Vehicle Purchase Protection, which ensures that you receive the vehicle you paid for, with coverage up to $20,000 against fraud or material misrepresentation. (The seller does not choose this. It is offered by eBay.)
For information about vehicle categories that support Vehicle Purchase Protection, please refer to the following help pages:
Vehicle Purchase Protection (US)
Passenger Vehicle Purchase Protection (CA)
On the eBay Motors US site, when you use GetItem, the Purchase Protection item specific is returned false if no Vehicle Purchase Protection is available, or true if it is available. Other sites that support this feature and that use Item Specifics for vehicles return similar information.
Listing eBay Motors US Items in eBay Stores
Motor vehicles and parts and accesories listings that an eBay Stores seller lists to the eBay Motors US site also appear in the seller's eBay Store. These items can be listed in auction or fixed-price formats.
Revising US Motors Listings
See Revising US eBay Motors Listings.
Also see Revising and Relisting Local Market Listings.
Short-Term Service Agreement (Limited Warranty)
Note: This feature is not currently supported.
If you pass LimitedWarrantyEligible in your request, it is ignored as of June 2010. The following information is being provided as background information for developers who are removing support for this feature from their applications.
For certain vehicles, eBay previously offered a free 1 month/1,000 mile Short-Term Service Agreement (also referred to as a limited warranty). Only vehicles that are not disqualified as having certain modifications and that are not classified as special vehicle types (e.g., Corvette ZR1) were eligible for this limited warranty.
When listing a Motors vehicle, your application was required to provide the seller with an opportunity to indicate whether the vehicle has not been modified and is not a special type:
- Your application needs to ask the seller whether the vehicle has been modified.
- Based on the item's category, the eBay code will check to determine if a vehicle fits the "SpecialVehicle Type" rules, which would disqualify a vehicle. Your code does not need to provide this check. However, your application needs to ask the seller to indicate whether the vehicle is a special vehicle type.
For a complete list of vehicle modifications and special vehicle types that are not eligible for the limited warranty, see the eBay Motors site:
Short Term Service Agreement Coverage Plan Details
You were required to present the following options to the seller as part of the listing process. If you present the options as radio buttons, use this text (where the parentheses "( )" represent radio buttons):
Please check one of the following:
(X) The vehicle listed has no modifications and is not a special vehicle type.
( ) The vehicle listed has been modified and/or is a special vehicle type.
In listing requests, the LimitedWarrantyEligible flag was used to indicate the seller's selection. If LimitedWarrantyEligible is passed in, it means your application has presented the seller with options to indicate this information. If the value is
true, the seller has verified that the vehicle has not been modified and is not a special type. If
false, the seller has verified that vehicle has been modified or it is a special type.
Passing a value of
true did not guarantee that eBay will offer a limited warranty. It only made the listing eligible for consideration.
On the eBay Motors US site, when you use GetItem, the Limited Warranty attribute (
26738) is returned with a value of
No) if the limited warranty is not available (it previously returned
Yes) if it was available). Other sites that support this feature and that use Item Specifics for vehicles return similar information. Use GetAttributesCS to determine the applicable attribute and value IDs.
Searching for eBay Motors US Listings
To search for eBay Motors listings, use FindItemsAdvanced in the Finding API.
Be sure to specify the eBay Motors site (ID 100).
FindItemsAdvanced in the Finding API
GetMultipleItems in the Shopping API
Use category IDs for the eBay Motors site to search against a vehicle's make and model. A category ID of 6001 can be used to search all vehicle categories, 6024 to search just motorcycle categories, 6028 to search all parts categories, and 6038 to search other categories. These generic categories can also be used if the site ID is 0 (main eBay US site), in which case they automatically direct the search to eBay Motors. However, if you use site ID 0 instead of site ID 100, the API might not return data that is specific to the eBay Motors site, such as the vehicle's mileage and year.
Working with eBay Motors Germany Listings
This section provides brief notes about working with listings on eBay Motors Germany.
Cross-Promoting Vehicles on the Mobile.de Site
This listing upgrade is applicable to listings on the eBay Germany site only.
Mobile.de (a German Motors classifieds platform) cross-promotes items from eBay Germany's Car, Motorcycle, and Special Vehicle categories by displaying them to users who are browsing and searching on the mobile.de site. An eBay seller can purchase a listing upgrade to allow mobile.de to include the listing in mobile.de search results. To be eligible, the item must be a vehicle listed on the eBay Germany site (site ID 77) in a subcategory of one of the following mobile.de search-enabled categories.
Table: Mobile.de Search-Enabled Categories
Usage of this feature is optional. It does not affect the visibility of the listing on eBay.com sites.
In AddItem and other requests that list items, pass the MotorsGermanySearchable flag with a value of
true to indicate that the seller wants to purchase this listing upgrade. If the item and category are eligible, the item will be included in eBay search results on the mobile.de site. This flag is ignored if specified for other categories. It will trigger an error if specified for other sites.
This flag can be added to an active listing at any time by using ReviseItem, regardless of whether the listing has bids or how soon the listing ends, as long as the item and category are eligible for this feature. Once this flag set to true for a listing, you cannot reset it to false when revising an item that is still listed in a mobile.de search-enabled category.
You can set the MotorsGermanySearchable flag to false (and remove the listing from mobile.de site search results) when relisting the item, regardless of the category. Similarly, if the seller changes the category to one that is not mobile.de search-enabled, eBay resets the MotorsGermanySearchable flag to false.
Working with eBay Motors Australia Listings
This section provides brief notes about working with listings on eBay Motors Australia.
Specifying the VIN and Registration Date for eBay Australia
eBay Motors Australia uses different custom Item Specifics than the US, but you use the same calls and approach.
The VIN is a unique set of 17 characters found on all Australian vehicles manufactured after 1989.
When you specify VIN, always also specify the Date of 1st Registration in item specifics. There is a dependency between the VIN and the Date of 1st Registration. If you don't specify the Date of 1st Registration:
- The link to the Vehicle History Report can't be generated correctly.
- The VIN may not appear at all in the listing.
Copyright © 2005–2016 eBay Inc. All rights reserved. This documentation and the API may only be used in accordance with the eBay Developers Program and API License Agreement.