Offering eBay Plus
How eBay Plus Works
eBay Plus Workflow
How eBay Plus Works
eBay Plus is a premium account option for buyers which provides benefits such as fast free domestic shipping and free returns on selected items.
Note: This program applies only to domestic shipping, currently only in Germany. More eBay marketplaces will support eBay Plus in the future.
- Buyers who are enrolled in eBay Plus will see the eBay Plus logo on qualifying listings on the search results page, on the view item page, and in the checkout flow.
- Buyers receive free 2-day domestic shipping for eBay Plus items that are paid by the seller-defined cutoff time (typically 3:00pm).
- Buyers can make unlimited, unconditional free returns of items they purchase with eBay Plus.
- Sellers receive an additional discount on their Final Value Fee for eBay Plus orders.
- Sellers have DSR (Detailed Seller Ratings) protection for shipping cost and time if the carrier misses the delivery.
- Sellers will see increased conversion as buyers see their eBay Plus benefits as a value proposition in the buying flow.
Buyers in Germany can enroll in eBay Plus on their My eBay page for an annual fee.
- Sellers must be Top Rated to participate in eBay Plus.
- Sellers must ship eBay Plus orders (that are paid before the cutoff time) on the same day.
- Sellers must specify a cutoff time of 2:00pm or later.
Sellers opt in to eBay Plus on their My eBay page. They can set all listings to offer or not to offer eBay Plus by default, and they can add or remove the eBay Plus offer on a listing-by-listing basis. When offered, eBay Plus will appear only on qualifying listings.
Sellers who participate in the eBay Plus program can select which listings will offer eBay Plus benefits, subject to the following qualifications:
- Currently, the item location must be Germany.
- The item must be offered under the eBay Garantie program.
- The listing must be fixed price.
- The listing must offer at least one instant payment method (such as PayPal).
- The item cannot be shipped by Freight.
eBay Plus Workflow
- Buyers can enroll in eBay Plus through My eBay. Buyers pay an annual fee for the program.
- Top-Rated Sellers can opt in to eBay Plus through My eBay. This does not obligate them to offer eBay Plus in any listing. They can choose to offer eBay Plus by default in every qualified listing, or in none. In either case, participating sellers can decide to offer or not offer eBay Plus in any qualified listing on a case-by-case basis.
- To determine whether a seller can offer eBay Plus in qualified listings, call GetUserPreferences with ShoweBayPLUSPreference set to
true. The eBayPLUSPreference container is returned with information about the countries where the seller is eligible to offer eBay Plus on listings (one eBayPLUSPreference container per country), as well as the seller's opt-in status and listing preference for each country. A ListingPreference value of
true indicates that the seller will offer eBay Plus by default for new listings in the specified country.
Note: This program is currently available only in Germany, so at most only one eBayPLUSPreference container is returned per buyer. More eBay marketplaces will support eBay Plus in the future.
- Create a fixed-price listing of the item using one of the Add calls. Set the Item.eBayPlus field to
true to offer eBay Plus in the listing.
- To verify that the newly-created listing has actually been enabled with eBay Plus, use the GetItem call and check for a
true value in the Item.eBayPlusEligible field.
- When calling GetOrders (or other order management calls), the ContainseBayPlusTransaction field will be returned as
true at the transaction level to indicate if an order line item qualified for eBay Plus treatment. This particular order line item must be shipped according to eBay Plus requirements, which means that the seller must ship that item out on the same day (as long as buyer made the Cutoff time deadline).
Copyright © 2016 eBay Inc. All rights reserved. This documentation and the API may only be used in accordance with the eBay Developers Program and API License Agreement.